Monday, April 7, 2008
Jay Adhyashakti - Amba ma ni Arti - Bipin Sathiya
Aarti (also spelt Arati, Arthi, Aarthi, Aarti or Arti)
Ambe Maa Arati, Mataji Arati, Navratri Aarti
Above video song is an aarti of Ambe Maa sung by Bipin Shethiya in Gujarati language. You can listen it online in the above video.
more Aartis, songs and bhajans devoted to Mataji at Navratri Aartis and songs.
Arti Of Goddess Durga.
Album: Arti Mangal
Artists: Bipin Sathiya & Chorus
What is an Arti?
Arti is a Hindu ritual, in which light from wicks soaked in ghee (purified butter) or camphor is offered to one or more deities. It is said to have descended from the Vedic concept of fire rituals, or homa. The word may also refer to the traditional Hindu devotional song that is sung during the ritual. Aarti is performed and sung to develop the highest love for God. "Aa" means "towards", and "rati" means "the highest love for God" in Sanskrit.
Aarti is generally performed twice or three times daily, and usually at the end of a puja or bhajan session. It is performed during almost all Hindu ceremonies and occasions. It involves the circulating of an 'Arati plate' around a person or idol and is generally accompanied by the singing of songs in praise of that deity or person (many versions exist). In doing so, the plate itself is supposed to acquire the power of the deity. The priest circulates the plate to all those present. They cup their down-turned hands over the flame and then raise their palms to their forehead - the purification blessing, passed from the deity's image to the flame, has now been passed to the devotee.
The arati plate is generally made of metal, usually silver, bronze or copper. On it must repose a lamp made of kneaded flour, mud or metal, filled with oil or ghee. A cotton wick is put into the oil and then lighted, or camphor is burnt instead. The plate also contains flowers, incense and akshata.
The purpose of performing arati is to ward off evil effects and the malefic influence of the 'evil eye'. Arati is hence performed on people of high social or economic status; small children during various ceremonies; on people who are going on or are coming back from a long journey; on a bride and bridegroom when they enter their house for the first time; at harvest; on anything else of importance. It is also performed on newly acquired property, or before an important task.
It is believed that the idol of a deity too is susceptible to the evil eye, and needs regular arati, with the singing of special arati songs. These songs laud the glory of the deities and describe the benefits that one might gain by praying to them.
Sometimes they also contain snippets of information on the life of the gods. Arati songs are particular to each deity. The most commonly sung arati is that to Vishnu. In most temples in India, arati is performed at least twice a day, after the ceremonial puja, which is the time when the largest number of devotees congregates.
Some comments from you tube to tell more about the video
* Jai Ambe
Jai Kali Bhawani
Dadashri has made it very simple to understand
Search: Mariamba Dadashri
Good video for Mataji Lovers
Excellent rendering of centuries old arati
* delightful...thanx alot for posting it...it really makes me feel better :)
* amazing...thanks a lot...it reminds me of my hometown....
* ''Naa sar pe agar chhav hoti tumhari..yuh roshan nah hoti zindagi hamari''
Jiske par matarani ki chhav hoti hai...voh life mein kabhi dukhi nahi hota...ek baar dil se maa ko yaad karo woh jarur sunengi...n yeah bro good work to uploadin aarti...Thanks a lot
* Jay Ambe.
Keep doing this aarti everyday . Matajee always take care of her sons. She loves her kids who remember her as a Mata
* Jai ambe maa !!!
Its same aarti we used to do at Mumbai , where they have made a temple identical to one in Katra...
* Im glad you like it!
Its in gujrati.
* Shiva Vishnu and Brahma too worship her.
* "We take refuge in the Supreme Goddess Who appears through the concentration of mental attention. We bow to the Goddess Durga Who illuminates the mind immersed in meditation, Who bestows the results of our actions, Who removes all difficulties. We bow to Her who clears the mind of thought, so that the light of pure spirit can shine through."
* When one think about MA than any creature will bow down. To bring tears in eye prove purity of soul.
* jiske sunte hi hote hain har dukh dur wo hain maa ambaji ki aarti
* Its called arti... where we praise Mother ( All inclusive ) and Mother is not restricted to any religion as per say... people from all religions come and sing for praise of Mother.
* I love this arti and picturistaion and location and all traditonal dress.thanks for uploading it and make our culutre alive in today's setelite,computer and internet days.
* i love shiva and vishnu
* Very beautiful, evokes great emotion
* hi! dear its too good , i am in sydney but always miss our abad navratri , especially mata ji, my dearest people and all my family
plz. if you have a hemant chauhan garba plz. upload its
im glad to share all these clips. I do have some hemant chauhan tracks onhere, pls check them out.
* absalutely fabulous!! Jai Ambe maavdi arasurni rani maa vaghe asvari!!!
* I dont know why, but this song always make me cry.
* this is a hindu prayer.....sung in language called gujrati....its a one of d many languages in india
* Im living in South Korea which has not even one hindu temple, this makesme feel more at home :) Thank You.
* Here's what I found online..it's not complete and some of the words seem off (from how my family sings the arti anyways) but it's most of it, hope it helps!
1) Jaya aadya shakti,akhand brhamand nipavya, panave pragata thaya,om jayo jayo ma jagdambe
2) dwitiya mehswarup shivshakti janu, brahma ganapti gaye, har gaye har ma
3) trutiya tran swarup tribhuvan ma betha, traya thaki tarveni, tu tarvenima
4) chouthe chatura mahalaxmi ma, sachrachar vyapya,char bhuja cho disha,pragatya dakshin ma
5) panchame panchrushi panchami gunpadma, panchtatv tya sohiye, panche tatvo ma
6) shashthi tu narayani mahishasur maryo, narnari ne rupe, vyapaya sarve ma
7) saptami sapt patal sandhya savitri,gau ganga gayatri, gauri geeta ma
8) ashthmi ashtha bhujao ayi ananda, sunivar munivar janamya, dev daityo ma
9) navmi navkul nag seve navadurga, navratri na pujan, shivratri na archan, kidha har brahma
10) dashmi dash avtaar jay vijya dashmi,rame ravan marya,ravan rodyo ma
* What a great start to every new day, very inspirational music, great work, videoing it for all our benefit.
JAI AMBAE Ma ki Ji
* Thanks for lovely Aarti my daughter at Manchester Uni wanted to do Aarti and her CD would not work, going on to YouTube she found yours and was very pleased that she could do her Aarti everyday on Navrati.
* jai mataji.....................
* jai ambe
* jai mata ji * jay ambe jay ambe........................ * Great!!
* Jai Mata Di!!!
Tnx so much for uploading u know due to u we all at home at 1st Navratri perform artii by listening ur uploaded video
* Sheera Wali Mati Ji Ki Jai
* OMM NAMHH DURGA!:) * JAI MATA DE * bolo shree ambe ma ki jai..
* jai mataji
jai nav durga
* jai mata ji * Jai Mata Di * jai mata di. ma ambe sabki manokamna puri kare.
* Maa Amba is universal mother. She is in every heart that beats with her love and affection. Jay Mata di...
* Jai Ambe Maa
* Thanks... the singer is Bipin Sathhiya
* awesome video. whats the name of this particular singer? thanks
* This is a video I watch many times and find uplifting. Namaste.
* Jai ambe maa
* jai ambe maiya.. * jai ambe! * Jai Durga Maiya!! *